5 January 2018
HWA CHONG INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL IB RESULTS REACHES A RECORD HIGH – AGAIN
Delightful greetings and a Happy New Year!
It has been an extremely positive start to the new academic year! I am delighted to announce another year of impressive examination performance at the 2017 IB examinations. The 2017 IB Graduating Class of 117 DP students, the largest cohort size ever since the first batch of DP students graduated in 2010, has truly done us proud. These results are extraordinary and should inspire and motivate all of our students to be the best they can be throughout the new academic year.
While there are many highlights to share, it is my privilege to share with you the following key milestones from 2017 IB reults.
1. DP pass rate was a perfect 100%, making this the 3rd time out of 8 batches to reach this elusive goal.
2. The coveted perfect score of 45 points have been achieved for the 2nd consecutive year running. Hanson Chin Heearn (Malaysia) and Hu Yijie (PRC) have etched their names in the school’s history with their amazing achievements.
3. The average score for the whole DP cohort reached a new milestone of 37.2 in 2017, a clear testament of our strong IB Diploma Programme championed by everyone here in HCIS.
4. HCIS continued its high performance with 1 in 2 students achieving at least 38 points, which qualifies them for top universities worldwide. In addition, 1 in 3 of the cohort achieved 40 and above points.
5. Befitting the strong bilingual emphasis and Chinese roots of the school heritage, 1 in 3 students notably achieved the IB Bilingual Diploma.
We are heartened by the outstanding and consistent progress our students have made regardless of their ability or starting point. Among the more average students were numerous examples of high value-add in the DP performance, consistent with HCIS’s core strength of value-add to student learning and performance. This best exemplifies HCIS’ educational philosophy of helping our students to realise their true potential.
In celebration of these record-breaking results, the school has declared 16 January 2018 as a school holiday. Thank you once again for your great support. We hope to make that difference in your child’s/ward’s learning and education. With your continued support and understanding, we are a step closer to this common goal.
Koh Chin Nguang