The HCIS Residence
We Care We Nurture We Grow
Sitting on a slope and surrounded by greenery, the HCIS Residence offers a range of boarding and recreational facilities for foreign and local students of the school.
Not only will boarders experience community living in a residential setting, they can also enjoy after-school activities supervised by a team of full-time Resident Mentors. Boarders can take advantage of interaction with their peers from different countries through these communal activities to improve their social skills.
We believe that the structured way of life in the Residence helps boarders develop good habits, such as responsibility in doing assigned tasks; obedience to authority; cooperation with others in work and at play; courtesy and respect for others; up-keeping property and personal hygiene; truthfulness and honesty in life; and morally good conduct in respect to social relationship.
We extend a very warm welcome to all boarders. We look forward to working with you in ensuring that your stay in the Residence is an enjoyable, memorable and enriching experience.
Our ultimate goal is to make the Residence, students’ home away from home.
Our aims are to:
- Provide boarders with a secure, safe and happy living environment.
- Support the academic, social and emotional needs of boarders.
- Develop boarders into disciplined, responsible and confident individuals.
We strive to achieve our aims by offering:
- A wide range of enrichment activities with international as well as local orientation;
- A network of community and social contacts for the development of boarders;
- A coordinated programme of after-school sports and leisure activities.
Click here for Chinese translation